Storm on Demand® utilizes Xen, open source software that is the industry standard for virtualization. The Xen hypervisor fits between the server's hardware layer and the operating system to create a layer that allows for robust virtualization.
Storm On Demand® CPUs represent full physical processor cores that are not shared with other users*. The distributed nature of our cloud architecture allows your servers to be in-line with what you would expect with a physical dedicated server.
Storm on Demand® offers the ultimate in flexible hosting. Increase or decrease resources (RAM, Disk Space, CPUs) on your server by Resizing your server, or scale your infrastructure by creating an additional, identical server with the Clone feature.
Storm On Demand® comes with powerful services that make it simple to manage your cloud servers.
The Sonar Monitoring Team is a team of highly skilled technicians specializing in service failure restoration and maintaining server stability.
More Information on Sonar Monitoring
Storm® On Demand's Cloud Attached Firewall provides your server security isolation from threats on the global Internet. Storm's Cloud Attached firewall operates outside of your server environment and provides the same benefits of a dedicated hardware firewall which include: eliminating threats before they reach your server and processing threats without consuming the resources of your server. Storm's Cloud Attached Firewall comes with the flexibility to use a simple service based mode or advanced options for fine grained control over all traffic. Storm On Demand® Cloud Attached firewall accepts Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) notation for easily manipulating large IP blocks.
Storm® makes it easy to configure, manage and restore Server Backup's from within the Storm® Dashboard. Storm Server® Backup's are a complete snapshot of the entire file system volume at a specific point-in-time. Storm® Backup's are transferred over a private internal backup network to a secure off-server storage pool. With Storm® you have full control over your server backups. Select your backup intervals, how long backup images will be retained and even select between two options of pricing structures. You may Pay Per Gig of Backup Storage Used or Buy a Preconfigured Backup Bundle Package. The choice is yours!
Storm® servers include both Public and Private networking capabilities that can be easily managed from within the Storm® Dashboard. Storm® servers include one public IP address free of charge. Additional Public IP addresses can be added for $5.00/month per IP. Storm's Private Networking provides seamless ability to securely connect all your servers together with the click of a button. Private networking allows your servers to communicate with each other over an internal, isolated private network. The bandwidth used on the private network is free and does not count against your regular bandwidth usage. As an example, Private Networking can be used to create a fast secure link to your database server with no additional bandwidth charges and without the threat of that traffic being intercepted over the public internet.
Storm On Demand® includes a powerful API that allows programmatic access to control and manage all aspects of your cloud servers.
More Information on Storm® API
- CentOS 7 64-bit with cPanel Fully-managed w/Cpanel
- CentOS 6 64-bit with cPanel Fully-managed w/Cpanel
- CentOS 7 64-bit with Plesk Fully-managed w/Plesk
- CentOS 7 64-bit Core-managed
- CentOS 6 64-bit Core-managed
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit Core-managed
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit Core-managed
- CentOS 7 64-bit Self-managed
- CentOS 6 64-bit Self-managed
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit Self-managed
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit Self-managed
- Debian 8 64-bit Self-managed
- Debian 7 64-bit Self-managed
- CentOS 5.11 64-bit with cPanel Fully-managed w/Cpanel
- CentOS 5.11 64-bit Self-managed
- CentOS 5.11 64-bit Core-managed
- Fedora 24 Server 64-bit self-managed
- Fedora 23 Server 64-bit self-managed
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit Standard Edition Self-Managed
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit Standard Edition Core-Managed
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit Standard Edition Fully Managed with Plesk w/Plesk
Data Center Features:
- Manned 24/7 Facility with Closed Circuit Video Monitoring
- Redundant Network Infrastructure
- Multiple Generac Diesel Generators
- Multiple Powerware UPS Units
*Does not apply to 1GB instances.