Storm on Demand Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Network & Power Uptime Service Level Agreement
Liquid Web and Storm On Demand guarantees Network and Power Infrastructure uptime to be 100%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within our network are reachable from the global internet 100% of the time.
Network & Power SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of Liquid Web, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network or Power System Maintenance - occasionally network or power system maintenance will be required. Liquid Web & Storm On demand will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the email address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance - on rare occasions, the hardware which hosts your Storm On Demand Server may need maintenance or replacement. Liquid Web will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Software Maintenance - an important part of managing a Storm Server is keeping the software up to date. If you choose to have Liquid Web manage your Storm Server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks - if a third party not associated with Liquid Web or Storm On Demand initiates a "Denial of Service" or other form of disabling attack against your Storm Server or major portions of our network, Liquid Web & Storm On Demand will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- cPanel Issues - if you choose to run cPanel and Web Host Manager on your Storm Server, the default install will be configured for automatic updates of cPanel related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely affect all or part of the cPanel related software on you server. If you have opted for managed support, Liquid Web and Storm On Demand will do whatever is necessary to fix any cPanel related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
All data is raid protected and it is expected that in the vast majority of hardware failures there will be no interruption or minimal interruption in recovery. In the case that data on the local disks are not recoverable, a re-create will be initiated and a restore from the most recent Storm on Demand backup started immediately. If the user has elected not to maintain Storm on Demand backups a blank server with the same configuration template and IP's will be created. The time required to complete either a hardware restore, or the initiation of a new server create will be the time eligible for SLA credit.
Network & Power SLA Remedy
In the event that Liquid Web & Storm On Demand does not meet this SLA, Storm Server clients will become eligible to request compensation for downtime. If Liquid Web or Storm On Demand is or is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will receive a credit for 10 times ( 1,000% ) the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.0% allowed), you will receive 10 hours of credit at the end of the billing period based on your base Storm Server hourly rate. The Storm Server hourly rate does not include any other charges, including but not limited to, bandwidth, image storage, backups, IP's or any other additional service.
All requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer's monthly recurring charge. This SLA does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of Liquid Web Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment.
How to Report a Problem
Liquid Web technicians are available 24 hours a day. There are a number of ways to reach us, including toll free phone support, online help desk, and email.